Monday 31 October 2011

My research on rock magazines

I thought these rock magazines were the closest to the halloween theme I have chosen. I think that all rock magazines are quite scary. The reason I think this is because of all of their make-up they wear. They are presented as very dull and wear all dark clothes especially black. I found that the band 'My Chemical Romance' as the front covers have stood out the most to me.

This front cover reminds me quite a lot of halloween. It is the bright red hair and the eye liner on the eyes. It reminds me of vampires dressing up to go trick or treating!


This front cover on the right stood out the most to be, as I find it quite creepy. It reminds me a lot more of halloween because of the colours presented and just the band themselves.




Whilst doing my research, I also figured that to make a front cover have the theme halloween, the picture doesn't have to look scary, as long as the image and presentation of text is obvious that it does have a theme. And that you make sure you follow the theme correcty to prove it. The text used on this front cover is very horror. The colour black is used a lot because it is a bold colour and gives off a scary vibe easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment